Sunday, December 21, 2014

Blank Canvas


Last night, I spent about 5 hours trying to re-design this blog in hopes that it would inspire me to be a more consistent blogger. I've tried to blog many times before and it would go well for a while and then I would just quit. I would either get caught up in the details, like what it looked, if people would read what I have to say and what they would think or I would just get bored and not want to blog anymore. However, after finishing the new design, I felt motivated and full of ideas, but I also had this nagging feeling this time could be just like the previous times and I could end up quitting this blog too.

I'll admit I get a bit of blog envy when I see all these great bloggers and their fancy blogs and fantastic words and feel like I will never measure up, so I get a little anxious and back down. Yet, it's in that moment I realized why my other blogs may not have worked out. I say I come as a follower of Christ but if I get so caught up in what others are doing and saying and thinking, where does He get any glory in that?

At this moment, this blog is like a blank canvas and not yet tainted with my selfish desires and vain comparisons to others. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a blog has to be laced with 'Hallelujahs' to give God glory but I want this blog to have intention and purpose. My prayer is that God would use me and this blog to share His love with everyone. I'm praying that He would strip me of all the worries I get over insignificant details I get so hung up on and just reveal Himself to anyone who reads this. I know this may not be for everyone and that's fine. Who knows, maybe this blog will end up just like all the other ones and that just might happen, but as long as He allows it, I want the things I share with you to be full of His love, truth and a lot of fun. If you're looking to find anything close to perfection, my friend you have come to the wrong place. There will be none of that here, but what you will find is a very candid, honest and transparent account of my life as I journey with Christ.

As I've stated before, I want this blog to be used for God's glory and I really pray about how He wants it to be done. I'm going to use the next couple of days to pray about how I can be intentional about that, as well as spending time with my family and friends for the holidays. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and Lord's will, I will be back with you all in 2015!

Blessings,

Whitney

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment